- This event has passed.
Big Apple Pie Contest Rules
September 21 @ 10:00 am - 1:00 pm
The best Apple Pie Contest Rules
Saturday, September 21, 2019
Pie Registration 10AM – 1PM
The Apple Pie Judging will happen at the Oneida Cultural Heritage Salt Port Avenue Log Home Restoration Project under the big white tent. The preliminary judging will take place at 1:30pm and the final judging will be at 3:00pm.
Pies will be put into one of two categories (1) Traditional Apple Pie and (2) Apple Dessert. Apple Pies are prepared in a round tin of any size and have at least a bottom crust. The apple filling is up to the chef and the top crust is optional. Apple Desserts are any dessert where the main ingredient is apples.
- A panel of judges will sample each pie (and dessert) and select up to three pies from their division or desserts to move forward to the final round of judging. The final pies/desserts will be announced then be judged at 3:00pm and winner announced in front of the attendees under the tent. The selection
Of winners is final.
- 1st place of the Apple Pie Contest will receive $250.00 visa card
- 2nd place of the Apple Pie Contest will receive $150.00 visa card
- 3rd place of the Apple Pie Contest will receive $100.00 visa card
- Best Dessert will receive $200.00 visa card
- Best Looking Pie will receive $200.00 visa card (People’s Choice)
- Participants must be 18 years of age or older and must be present at the time of judging to win. If the winner is not present, then they may have a family representative to stand in their place and sign for the visa card. If there is no representative then the next in line will be selected as the winner.
- Contest winners will be photographed and their pictures will be printed in the Kalihwisaks (the official paper of the Oneida Nation).
- Each pie or dessert will be numbered at registration and the judges will select the winner without knowing who made it.
- Registration begins at 11:00am and will close at 1:00pm on Saturday, September 21, 2019. All pies and desserts must be physically brought to the Apple Pie Registration no later than 1:00pm. Site maps will be available the day of the event and staff will be able to direct participants to the check in/contest location.
- All entries must be homemade by the person registering the pie. No store-bought entries will be accepted. If any participant submits a store bought pie or dessert under the misrepresentation that it was homemade, it will be removed from the contest and the person who registered it will not be eligible to participate or win any award.
- Staff members associated with the event will not be allowed to judge or enter the contest.
- One entry per person, regardless of which category they enter.
- Upon completion of the competition all pies and desserts will be cut and served to the public.